EDINBURG – The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District recently announced that 17 campuses earned 2019-2020 Educational Results Partnership Honor Roll awards, which recognize high-performing schools across the nation.
"For the fifth consecutive year, Edinburg CISD has received this national recognition that highlights the high-quality education available throughout our District," said ECISD Interim Superintendent Gilbert Garza Jr. "We are very proud of our students, parents, teachers, and staff for achieving this outstanding academic accomplishment."
According to the Educational Results Partnership (ERP), the Honor Roll program identifies public elementary, middle, and high schools that demonstrate high student academic achievement levels, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. Approximately 3,500 schools were selected from California and Texas. The 17 Edinburg CISD campuses honored include:
- Austin Elementary School
- Cano-Gonzalez Elementary School
- Canterbury Elementary School
- Cavazos Elementary School
- Crawford Elementary School
- De La Vina Elementary School
- Flores-Zapata Elementary School
- Freddy Gonzalez Elementary School
- Gorena Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Lee Elementary School
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Magee Elementary School
- Ramirez Elementary School
- Trevino Elementary School
- Truman Elementary School
- South Middle School
Two schools with higher performance in science, technology, engineering, and math were also honored with a special STEM designation. They are Canterbury and Jefferson elementary schools.
ERP identified a common set of success factors in higher performing Honor Roll schools and districts through national research. These include clear, specific learning objectives aligned to college and career readiness, along with:
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- A defined system-wide mission of college and career readiness for all students
- An investment in human capital
- Maintenance of data and assessment systems to monitor school and student performance
- Resources and guidance to support schools' efforts in preparing all students for college and career
To access the Honor Roll, visit https://dataportal.edresults.org/Metrics/HonorRoll.
ERP is a nonprofit organization that applies data science to help improve student outcomes and career readiness throughout our educational system. In partnership with educators and employers, ERP charts the pathways that lead to academic success and living-wage jobs. ERP's goal is to ensure that more students are equipped to enter the workforce with the skills today's global economy demands.