EDINBURG – The Edinburg Rotary recently recognized the Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District’s Special Olympics Program during its luncheon meeting at the Echo Hotel in Edinburg.
“It’s always an honor and we would really like to thank the Edinburg Rotary Club, because our students love to come to this event,” ECISD Special Education Director Alida Suarez said. “We love coming here and this is our third year that they are able to highlight their accomplishments in Special Olympics.”
The students’ recognition is part of the Edinburg Rotary’s Student of the Month Program, which highlights two senior students from each high school.
“We have been doing this for several years now. And I think this is a great partnership that we have been able to build with the school district,” Edinburg Rotary President Marco Perez said.
The Edinburg Rotary recognized the following students:
- Edinburg High School senior Alexis Garza
- Edinburg High School senior Luis Gonzalez
- Edinburg North High School senior Audrie G. Vasquez
- Edinburg North High School senior Violeta Escobedo
- Economedes High School senior Estefania Martinez
- Economedes High School senior Roy Lee Ramos
- Vela High School senior Iliana Corpus
- Vela High School senior Gabriel Molina
Students from San Carlos Elementary School were also in attendance, sporting their brand new red school uniform shirts.