Supplemental Educational Services
Supplemental Educational Services (SES) are free tutoring opportunities in addition to the instruction that occurs during the regular school day. These services take place outside of the school day either before school, after school, or on weekends. Any Title I campus in Stages 2-5 of mandated improvement must offer Supplemental Educational Services (SES) to all students from low-income families
If the number of students requesting SES exceeds the amount of money a campus has available for SES, the district and/or campus must give priority to the lowest-achieving students from low-income families and should establish a fair and equitable criteria for identifying these students
Parents may select any provider from the state-approved list as long as the provider is able to provide services in or near the area served by the district/campus. This includes providers that use e-learning, online or distance learning to tutor. Please visit the providers page to see detailed information.
- Contact the school principal or Alfredo Salinas (Federal Programs Dept.) to find out if your child's school offers SES and if your child qualifies for services. Schools have to offer SES if they have been identified as being in Stage 2 or higher of Title I School Improvement.
- Obtain the necessary form to sign up your child for SES from your school.
- Research providers and choose an SES provider for your child.
- Complete and turn in the necessary form for requesting SES services.
- ECISD does not have a due date, so you can request services at any time during the year.