Summary of District Information and Response
Edinburg CISD is committed to the safety, security, and continued learning of our school community. Below is a summary of District actions and services:
- All ECISD schools are currently closed for regular instruction until Monday, April 6, 2020 pending any additional information and updates.
- In addition to standard cleaning routines, all campus and District facilities and buses were deeply disinfected over spring break.
- All after-school organizational student and staff activities and travel have been cancelled.
- Meal services will be provided to students and delivered in a "Curbside Meal Pick Up Program" on Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 12 noon to students 18 and under at all 31 elementary school sites. All student grade levels may pick up meals at all sites. Students must be present at the time of pick up.
- An Instructional Continuity Plan was developed to continue instructional services and provide engaged learning opportunities for all students and teachers.
- At-Home instructional resources and support to continue the learning for students in our school community is being provided.
- At-Home scheduling recommendations and guidelines for educators and students to follow has been shared with students, families, and teachers.
- Low-Tech and High-Tech options for the varied needs in our community are being offered.
- Different options for teachers to monitor student learning with instructional support have been communicated.
- Instructional lesson plans in Pre-Kinder - 12th grades in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies printed in paper format have been developed. Instructional packets are available for pick up curbside at all 31 elementary schools for all elementary, middle, and high school students. Instructional packets will begin to be distributed on Monday, March 30, 2020. All student grade levels may pick up instructional packets at all sites.
- Students are provided with options to continue the learning receiving paper or digital options and access to instructional services and content.
- A Edinburg CISD Distance Learning Center web page was developed to provide instructional continuity support for students, families, and teachers.
- An Edinburg CISD Coronavirus (COVID-19) District Information web page was developed to provide updated information to our school community.
- On Saturday, March 14, 2020, the Edinburg CISD Board of Trustees held an emergency board meeting and passed a resolution approving that all full-time employees continue to be paid their regular wages while the district is closed.
- ECISD will continue to communicate with the school community via the ECISD website, Facebook, Twitter, and ParentLink voice message, email, and/or text communication.
Services mentioned are subject to change pending national, state, or local mandates.