How to Apply for P-EBT
Welcome to the Edinburg CISD P-EBT Information Center
Our District is committed to continuing the education and learning for our students and supporting our teachers. We will continue working to enhance our distance learning initiatives and the instructional services provided to our students and teachers. We appreciate your support, patience, and partnership during this time.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a one-time benefit for eligible families to buy food.
P-EBT is for families who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals at school in Texas
during the 2019-20 school year.
- Children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020.
- Children who attend a school that offers free meals to all students (Community Eligibility
Provision or Provision 2).
Who needs to complete an online application?
- Families that did NOT receive SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020 AND have children
who are certified for free or reduced-price meals or who attend a school that offers free meals
to all students.
- Families that received SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020, with children under 5 and/or
between the ages of 19 and 21 as of March 17, 2020.
Who does not need to submit an application?
- Families that received SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020 who have children ages 5-18
as of March 17, 2020. Benefits will be loaded onto your existing SNAP card by May 22. No action
How do I apply?
- Apply at https://yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT
- The application will be open until July 31, 2020.
- If you get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, Texas Health and Human Services
(HHS) will put funds on your current Lone Star Card. If you do not currently get SNAP benefits,
HHS will mail you a P-EBT card loaded with benefits.
See the links to the right for more information.
Como Aplicar para P-EBT
Bienvenidos al Centro de Informacion sobre P-EBT del Distrito Escolar de Edinburg
Nuestro Distrito esta comprometido a continuar la educacion y aprendizaje para nuestros estudiantes y el apoyo para nuestros maestros. Seguiremos trabajando para mejorar la iniciativa de aprendizaje a distancia y los servicios de instruccion proveidos para los estudiantes y maestros. Apreciamos su apoyo, paciencia, y asosiacion durante esre tiempo.
Infirmacion sobre la Transferencia Electronica de Beneficios por la Pandemia (P-EBT) se encuentra hacia abajo de esta pagina.