Virtual Instruction Information
Virtual Instruction Application Is Now Closed
Monday October 11, 2021
ECISD Virtual Instruction Program Information
Between Wednesday, September 15, 2021 and Monday, October 11, 2021 Edinburg CISD collected applications for the Virtual Instruction Program approved by the State of Texas. Additional information from the Texas Education Agency will be made available in the upcoming weeks.
Review of Student Eligibility for ECISD Virtual Instruction (Available for K- 6th grade students):
- All students referred for consideration for virtual instruction must be enrolled students of ECISD;
- Virtual Instruction will be limited to 10 percent of the district’s total enrollment;
- Priority will be given to the students that are considered medically fragile. The student must have a documented medical condition that places the student at a higher risk of severe illness as designated by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC);
- The student MET standard for all STAAR or K-2nd diagnostic assessments in the preceding year;
- The student earned a 70 or higher in all of the foundation curriculum courses (Reading Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) taken virtually in the preceding school year, and;
- The student had less than 10 percent unexcused absences (Ex: 180 days = 18 absences) in the preceding year.
- Applications will be reviewed by a District Virtual Instruction Admissions Committee.
- Students must maintain adequate attendance, academic performance and demonstrate appropriate online behavior.
- Students that do not demonstrate adequate academic progress will return to in-person instruction.
- STAAR and other state mandated assessments will be administered in-person as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines.
- All applications will be reviewed and considered by the ECISD Virtual Instruction Committee on a case-by-case basis.