Virtual Instruction Information
Virtual Instruction Application Is Now Open
Till Friday October 7th, 2022
Review of Student Eligibility for ECISD Virtual Instruction (Available for K- 6th grade students):
- All students referred for consideration for virtual instruction must be enrolled students of ECISD;
- Virtual Instruction will be limited to 10 percent of the district’s total enrollment;
- Priority will be given to the students that are considered medically fragile. The student must have a documented medical condition that places the student at a higher risk of severe illness as designated by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC);
- The student MET standard for all STAAR or K-2nd diagnostic assessments in the preceding year;
- The student earned a 70 or higher in all of the foundation curriculum courses (Reading Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) taken virtually in the preceding school year, and;
- The student had less than 10 percent unexcused absences (Ex: 180 days = 18 absences) in the preceding year.
- Applications will be reviewed by a District Virtual Instruction Admissions Committee.
- Students must maintain adequate attendance, academic performance and demonstrate appropriate online behavior.
- Students that do not demonstrate adequate academic progress will return to in-person instruction.
- STAAR and other state mandated assessments will be administered in-person as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines.
- All applications will be reviewed and considered by the ECISD Virtual Instruction Committee on a case-by-case basis.