Welcome to the Fine Arts/UIL Academics Department
The ECISD Fine Arts Department, in its tradition of excellence, will empower its students to become innovative thinkers and productive leaders of society through the active and comprehensive study of the fine arts.
Fine Arts: Excellence at the Core of Learning
1. Ensure and maintain opportunities for all students to participate in all areas of Fine Arts in Grades K-12.
2. Provide equipment and facilities to create opportunities for student success in mastering objectives.
3. Improve student retention in Fine Arts through advocacy and instruction to bridge gaps occurring during grade level transitions.
4. Provide content specific staff development presented by highly qualified, professional clinicians.
5. Develop and implement a standardized assessment for each discipline and grade level of Fine Arts to hold teachers accountable for student achievement.
2020 TMEA All-State Students
Congratulations to all!!!
This year, ECISD is recognized and represented by one of our middle school principals, Mr. David Rivera at Barrientes Middle School, as the recipient of TMEA’s 2020 Distinguished Administrator Award. Texas Music Educators Association recognize upper-level school administrators (e.g., superintendents, deputy superintendents, principals) across the state who have been instrumental in preserving quality music education programs on their campuses and in their districts.